Posts Tagged With: kitten
Today was very much a spring day in the Pacific Northwest! The sun was shining and the skies were clear. I think it was even close to 50 degrees F! I came home from work and opened all of the curtains for Juniper to look out of. We’ve been getting more and more sun the past few weeks. Juniper has been sunning herself more often too.
I’ve started to work out with Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred! I’m on day 4. I’ve been feeling great after working out! I wasn’t expecting to get as sweaty as I did but she honestly gives you a good workout. Give it a try and get moving!
I made a ton of food tonight after my jaunt on the elliptical machine. I like making a bunch of food at the beginning of the week so I don’t have to slave over the stove later in the week. I have other things I’d like to do besides cook!
Cyndi Lauper can always make things right too.
- I found and backed this Kickstart project to restore the only carousel in Wyoming AND the world’s only Cowboy and Indian carousel.
- And since saying “Indian” isn’t PC…here’s an article about proper and improper Native American appropriation. I hate to say it, but I’m super guilty of loving the Native American-inspired patterns that have been littering the fashion world this year. I can’t help it. The patterns are gorgeous and you can’t deny that!
- Now today I DID find some websites that are owned and operated and made by Native Americans! These earrings from The Soft Museum are so much fun! I might need to buy some of these for the wedding. Sister Sky sells body care products inspired by Native American Herbal wisdom. They also contain NO animal products and are NOT tested on animals! I plan on trying their products super soon! I have my eye on the Sweet Grass Body Lotion.
- And on a lighter note, 20 Signs You Are a “Native American-Inspired” Hot Mess. Number 16 and 19 are my favorite.
- This is probably my favorite camera information site. Moose’s Camera Tips For Beginners is my go-to site! Give it a browse and you’ll agree with me.
- I found this article that listed some right and wrong ways to juice. Apparently kale isn’t the best veggie to be juicing. I did not know this. I always wondered why I see people using spinach more often than kale in juicing recipes. The more you know, right?
After work today I made another trip to the local Asian store, Mekong, that will be closing in a few days. I’m so sad! Eric and I stocked up on rice noodles, tamari, seaweed, rice vinegar and green tea.
A few months ago while browsing Kickstarter, I spotted a project for a vegan cookbook. The design was lovely and the recipes sounded like food that Eric and I would love to try. I backed the project and it was funded! Today my cookbook arrived in the mail! The book has huge photos with almost every recipe! I like that. The book also has a matte finish which I prefer over books with glossy covers. There were also a handful of stickers and a bookmark in the package. If you want to order your own copy of the book you can do that here!
Friday is my favorite day to go to the thrift store! I guess I just like going out after work to start my weekend by sorting through old junk.
Merry Christmas Eve! Eric and I worked a half day at work today and then we came home to finish a few things for Christmas. I had plans to make something for Eric and I was super happy with how it turned out! I found a chocolate mold in the shape of a record. I thought the text on the record was super cute as well! I used white chocolate for the text, dark chocolate for the record AND it’s filled with peppermint filling. I also couldn’t wait to give it to him, so I ended up giving it to him after the chocolate had hardened.