Today was another fabulous mail day! I don’t know about you, but I love getting letters and packages in the mail. When we get mail though it’s not just for us…it’s for Juniper too! She demands to hop in every box that comes through our door. She will check out envelopes and junk mail for us too. You never know…maybe we missed something!
Last week I had a treat yo self moment from Cisthene. I’ve been eyeing some bangles for a few weeks. I just went for it. Treat yo self!
Happy Thursday! Come on Friday!
Today was very much a spring day in the Pacific Northwest! The sun was shining and the skies were clear. I think it was even close to 50 degrees F! I came home from work and opened all of the curtains for Juniper to look out of. We’ve been getting more and more sun the past few weeks. Juniper has been sunning herself more often too.
I’ve started to work out with Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred! I’m on day 4. I’ve been feeling great after working out! I wasn’t expecting to get as sweaty as I did but she honestly gives you a good workout. Give it a try and get moving!
I bought my skull from this Etsy shop. She was super helpful and even used a custom color for me at no extra charge!
I made a ton of food tonight after my jaunt on the elliptical machine. I like making a bunch of food at the beginning of the week so I don’t have to slave over the stove later in the week. I have other things I’d like to do besides cook!
Cyndi Lauper can always make things right too.
- I found and backed this Kickstart project to restore the only carousel in Wyoming AND the world’s only Cowboy and Indian carousel.
- And since saying “Indian” isn’t PC…here’s an article about proper and improper Native American appropriation. I hate to say it, but I’m super guilty of loving the Native American-inspired patterns that have been littering the fashion world this year. I can’t help it. The patterns are gorgeous and you can’t deny that!
- Now today I DID find some websites that are owned and operated and made by Native Americans! These earrings from The Soft Museum are so much fun! I might need to buy some of these for the wedding. Sister Sky sells body care products inspired by Native American Herbal wisdom. They also contain NO animal products and are NOT tested on animals! I plan on trying their products super soon! I have my eye on the Sweet Grass Body Lotion.
- And on a lighter note, 20 Signs You Are a “Native American-Inspired” Hot Mess. Number 16 and 19 are my favorite.
- This is probably my favorite camera information site. Moose’s Camera Tips For Beginners is my go-to site! Give it a browse and you’ll agree with me.
- I found this article that listed some right and wrong ways to juice. Apparently kale isn’t the best veggie to be juicing. I did not know this. I always wondered why I see people using spinach more often than kale in juicing recipes. The more you know, right?
After work today I made another trip to the local Asian store, Mekong, that will be closing in a few days. I’m so sad! Eric and I stocked up on rice noodles, tamari, seaweed, rice vinegar and green tea.
A few months ago while browsing Kickstarter, I spotted a project for a vegan cookbook. The design was lovely and the recipes sounded like food that Eric and I would love to try. I backed the project and it was funded! Today my cookbook arrived in the mail! The book has huge photos with almost every recipe! I like that. The book also has a matte finish which I prefer over books with glossy covers. There were also a handful of stickers and a bookmark in the package. If you want to order your own copy of the book you can do that here!
Last night I was craving nachos. I got the idea in my head to make some sort of avocado topping for the nachos. And I had the idea to blend some avocados with cashews…because cashews seem to make most things better. I did some research and found a few recipes similar to the idea I had in my head. And I came up with my own avocado-cashew cream topping!
- One avocado
- 1/2 raw cashews soaked for a few hours
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder (if you don’t like spicy things, just leave this out)
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
Blend the soaked cashews with the water until super smooth! Transfers to a food processor. My blender didn’t want to blend the avocados. If yours does…then no need to transfer. Add the avocado and spices. Blend and then serve! I left mine chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes, but it’s ok to use it right away!
Usually we top our nachos with tvp, refried beans and some melty gooey vegan cheese. I felt like being a little healthier so I chopped up some raw veggies. I also had some corn and pinto beans to add to the fun!