Posts Tagged With: cat
“Following our June wedding on the east coast, Sarah and I will be embarking on a honeymoon trip along Route 66. For three weeks, we’ll be photographing the Road and the oddities along it with vintage Polaroid cameras.
Unlike many Kickstarter photography projects, our end goal isn’t a book – it’s the photos themselves. We want to travel Route 66, take photos with vintage Polaroids and send them to people – friends, family, even strangers. Each photo will necessarily be a one of a kind, you will have the only copy in existence. We won’t even have one! . Each will be taken along Route 66 and will in some way capture the essence of the old road. And to be clear, regardless of whether the project is funded, we’ll be traveling Route 66 this summer. The support you give will allow us to purchase film, additional cameras and needed supplies for shipping the photos. Rest assured you will not be funding our vacation.”
In less than two days we actually reached our funding goal! We were so surprised and thankful that people wanted our photos! You can still support the project and we’ll send you photos from the road if you’re interested. Head on over to our Kickstarter page to check it out!
This post needs a cat photo.
Today was very much a spring day in the Pacific Northwest! The sun was shining and the skies were clear. I think it was even close to 50 degrees F! I came home from work and opened all of the curtains for Juniper to look out of. We’ve been getting more and more sun the past few weeks. Juniper has been sunning herself more often too.
I’ve started to work out with Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred! I’m on day 4. I’ve been feeling great after working out! I wasn’t expecting to get as sweaty as I did but she honestly gives you a good workout. Give it a try and get moving!
I made a ton of food tonight after my jaunt on the elliptical machine. I like making a bunch of food at the beginning of the week so I don’t have to slave over the stove later in the week. I have other things I’d like to do besides cook!
Cyndi Lauper can always make things right too.
- I found and backed this Kickstart project to restore the only carousel in Wyoming AND the world’s only Cowboy and Indian carousel.
- And since saying “Indian” isn’t PC…here’s an article about proper and improper Native American appropriation. I hate to say it, but I’m super guilty of loving the Native American-inspired patterns that have been littering the fashion world this year. I can’t help it. The patterns are gorgeous and you can’t deny that!
- Now today I DID find some websites that are owned and operated and made by Native Americans! These earrings from The Soft Museum are so much fun! I might need to buy some of these for the wedding. Sister Sky sells body care products inspired by Native American Herbal wisdom. They also contain NO animal products and are NOT tested on animals! I plan on trying their products super soon! I have my eye on the Sweet Grass Body Lotion.
- And on a lighter note, 20 Signs You Are a “Native American-Inspired” Hot Mess. Number 16 and 19 are my favorite.
- This is probably my favorite camera information site. Moose’s Camera Tips For Beginners is my go-to site! Give it a browse and you’ll agree with me.
- I found this article that listed some right and wrong ways to juice. Apparently kale isn’t the best veggie to be juicing. I did not know this. I always wondered why I see people using spinach more often than kale in juicing recipes. The more you know, right?
It’s been cold here for the past few days. My mornings before work have been spent with some gloves and an ice scraper. This morning I wanted to go thrifting so I called up my gloves and scraper again!
I posted about the Teal Cat Project a few weeks ago. You can actually donate ceramic cats you find at thrift stores to the TCP. They will then paint them and sell them to raise money for their project. I like donating money to receive a teal kitty, but I wanted to collect a few cats to send them so they have even more to sell!